It's that time of year again. Time when people make "resolutions" or goals for the New Year. While I do agree that making unrealistic resolutions are not likely to work, I think making specific goals for the New Year gives you something to strive for, often with better success than just a basic resolution. I went through my 13 Goals for 2013 the other day, and was happy to see that I was successful in about half of them. Some are still a work on progress, but I am encourage enough to make new goals for 2014.
1. I want to continue to Grow My Blog.. I think this is pretty much a goal of bloggers everywhere. My stats are a lot higher at the end of 2013, and I am now a contributor on two blogs, Your Modern Family and JOYful Home and Life.
2. I also want to grow my second blog. I officially started Surviving the Crazy Life last night. As you know I have a lot of crazy things happen in my life away from the blog. I wanted a place where I can share the the craziness of our day to day life.
3. I want to learn more about Social Media. This was one of those work in progress goals. While I am leaps and bounds from where I was in the beginning of the year, there is still so much to learn.
4. I hope to earn my money. This to is a work in progress goal. I did better in 2013, than it 2012, and I hope to do even more in 2014.
5. Schedule, schedule, schedule.. This goal has always been hard to for me to keep. I am a list maker, but not a list keeper. I make a schedule, but I don't always keep it. Now the the holidays are over, I am hoping to get back to themes of the week, and adding a few more features.
6. I hope to write an Ebook. I have been thinking about this for quite awhile. Maybe this year I will stop thinking, and start doing.
7. I hope to learn something new everyday. I don't know about you but I am always reading interesting articles about blogging, and other things. My goal is not only learn something each day, but to share what I learn with my readers.
8. I am starting something called the Beautification Project. Beautifcation is a mash up of to beautify, and organization. We have been living in this house for 10 years. When we moved her the kids were very young, and we did not spend much time or money on improving things. Now the kids are older, and the house needs improving. I hope to find practical and inexpensive ways to fix up my home, and to share the projects on the blog.
9. My. Craft. Room. Again a HUGE work in progress. I have made some improvements since last year, but there is still so much that needs to be done. I am still not able to really use my craft room like I want to. Basically right now it is just the place where I have to search for my supplies to take to the kitchen table. My craft room is my first project on my Beautification list.
Do you have goals for this year? I would love to hear about them.